Become A Florida Notary Public
To become a notary in Florida you must be 18 years old and a Florida resident - there are no length of residency requirements. If you meet these requirements then you must complete the 3 hour notary class that teaches the procedures and legal responsibilities of a Florida Notary.
The required notary course is all online, allows you to login and logout as often as you like, provides the state required $7,500 bond, and is approved by the executive office of the Governor of Florida.
The cost of the course is $99 - become a notary today.
This state approved Notary course has no blank forms - you answer simple questions.
What is a Notary Public in Florida
Being a Florida Notary is not difficult and could help you get a job. As an appointed pulbic officer, a Florida Notary Public typically performs the following duties:
- Administer oaths and affirmations
- Certify the contents of safe deposit boxes
- Verify vehicle indentification numbers (VIN numbers)
- Solemnize marriages
- Take acknowledgements
Online Notary Class Benefits
The State required Notary class gives you several advantages.
- You are a statewide Notary - you can act as a Notary in all 67 Florida counties
- You are bonded with $7,500 - your Notary clients are insured for up to $7,500.
- You recieve your Notary Seal and log book.
- Your state filing fees are paid for you
Florida Notary Services
As you are a Notary in Florida there are a set of rules you will have to follow. Here are a few of the highlights:
- For most Notary Services you can charge $10 - that is regulated by the state of Florida
- Weddings are the exception - you can charge $20 for a wedding
- If your address changes you must contact the Department of State (address below)
- If your name is legally changed then you should contact your bonding agency
Department of State
Notaries Commissions and
Tallahassee, Florida 32399-0250